Tuesday, October 30, 2012


Hey Everybody :) 

      Happy Halloween! Or Happy All Saints Day! How are the holidays in America? It's getting crazy around her.  There will be hundreds of thousands of candles her on the 1st of November.  I'm excited :) So guess what.  It snowed here! Snow! It is officially FREEZING here.  My companion, Sister Peterson, and I went walking through old town Gdansk and it started snowing on us! It was beautiful but brrrrrrrrrrrrr! It was cold.  But we should be grateful because it's not February yet.  Supposedly it get's -40 or something.  Crazy! 
      Well, first of all, my new companion is wonderful.  She is one of the sweetest, most humble, tender-hearted people I know.  I wasn't feeling to good and couldn't get warm, so she SEWED me a rice bag to warm up in the microwave and use to keep me warm! How cool is that!? She is so great.  She has an amazing voice and, well, let's just say our voice recordings of us singing aren't getting any better because of me.  She is cool and I'm excited to work and serve with her.  :) 
       So on Thursday or something we had a great little service opportunity.  We stopped by 2 investigators who work together at a flower shop and it turned out that they needed a bunch of help putting all of their flowers and stuff away, so we got to help them for 30 or 45 minutes and that was great! They gave us some roses and invited us back for tea another time.  We've been trying to meet with them for a while, so that was a neat little miracle.  
     Something I've noticed about missionary work- you must be on the phone if you want to be busy.  Mom, I love you! Thank you for teaching me this! It's true.  Being on the phone and keeping in touch with people is pretty important. Also, daylight savings already?! It's dark at like 5. So weird.  
      So one last thing I wanted to share.  Everything we go through each day, good, bad, tough, easy, long, short, shallow, deep, desired, not desired, everything- requires patience.  In Preach My Gospel it talks about patience and our need for it in all that we do.  It says that having patience is the ability to hold up under pressure and face adversity calmly and hopefully- and may I add - with faith that all with work out.  This is my goal for the week.  Patience is one of the toughest because it is one of the most important.  This is also my challenge for all of you.  Hopefully taking one challenge at a time will help us all develop Christ-like attributes throughout our lives.  I love you all.  Thank you for all of your prayers and support.  Have a great week :) 


     Love Sister Ostler

No comments:

Post a Comment