Tuesday, October 30, 2012

COPIED FROM SISTER BEZ'S BLOG

THIS IS COPIED FROM SISTER B BLOG.  SO INTERESTING TO SEE A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE ON THINGS.  I DONT GET VERY MUCH INFO FROM SHELBY.  SO GREAT FULL FOR SISTER B AND ALL SHE DID FOR SHELBY, AND FOR THE ELDERS IN GDANSK.  I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT SHELBY BUT I KNEW SHE WAS IN GOOD HANDS.  SHE HAS MANY FRIENDS IN POLAND ALREADY, AND AS A MOTHER I AM SO VERY GRATEFULL FOR THEIR MANY GREAT HOURS OF SERVICE.  I LOVE THIS GOSPEL AND SO THANKFUL FOR ALL THE PRAYERS IN SHELBY'S BEHALF.

Well you all should know that President Nielson is truly an amazing person. He is so inspired. Sister Ostler and I were talking and we are so grateful that he is willing to do everything to be in tune with the Spirit. I have complete trust in him as my mission president that Poznan is the area the Lord wants me to be and Sister Allen is the companion He wants me with. SIS ALLEN IS WHOM SARA WORKED WITH WHEN SHE WENT ON AN EXCHANGE TO POZNAN WHILE SIS FOLSOM CAME UP TO GDANSK TO BE WITH SIS OSTLER FOR A DAY AND A HALF ABOUT A MONTH AGO.
Sister Ostler is so humble. This week was a crazy one for our companionship. But I'll get to that later. I love her so much and it's been so cool to really BE with each other not just live/work together this week. Spending time together in hospitals, at home, and me not being distracted by lesssons or investigators or calls was really a blessing for me. So we both felt pretty sick Monday, then I got better and she's still feeling terrible. Well Agnieszka, Star that she is, threw a SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY for me on Tuesday! 
(Btw, thank you so much for all your bday wishes, I feel so so lucky and happy!!) Anyway so we were at Agnieszka's because she was so sneaky. She told us she had a friend who was interested to meet us and we totally fell for it. So we went over at 7pm and she was standing there with cake and lit candles and Ania was there too and it was so much fun. I loved it. AGNIESZKA HAS BEEN A GREAT AND ETERNAL FRIEND!

Well we just chatted for awhile and she was looking at Sister Ostler and she knew it was getting bad/worse. We had been at the gastro-whatever-doctor that morning but to be honest her diagnosis didn't really help. So Agnieszka worked some magic and the next day it was crazy. About 12 different people were calling us, all giving their opinions on what we should do and how so I really tried to do my best. The result was I called an ambulance, they came and took her to the hospital by University Medicyczny. So then the Elders came, got me, and we went "Sister Oslter hunting."
We searched the hosptial where she was supposed to be but the lady came and said "nie ma jej" czyli she's not here.Oops.Well luckily the next place we went they had her name so we go to the room (with 5 other patients) and the nurse goes "oh yeah, she's right here..." but then she wasn't. Then ANOTHER guy is like oh yeah! she's in here...nope. Long story short she came down with another doctor and it was good. We spent a few hours in that hospital, the elders were studs and they always make me laugh so that was nice. THEN crazily enough, later that night we went to another hospital and....yeah. 

Basically the point IS, that I saw the Lord's hand this week when: doctor after doctor, medicine after medicine, so many opportunities opened up for Sister Ostler. She finally got a pill that helps her hold down food and she's having a gastroscope tonight so please pray for her. It was a miracle we even got it because Sister Nielson has been in the hospital and she worked her magic and there was a cancellation for this Monday. So Sister O has already gone on the train down to Warsaw to get that done. Also Agnieszka and President Kempa were OUTSTANDING in this whole process. They seriously helped so much and I am in their debt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment