Monday, August 6, 2012

Investigators!!!

   Hey everyone! :):)

So this week was so great! Really, I don't know how to explain it.  I am just so thankful to be a part of this work.  I'll start with yesterday, since it's so fresh on my mind :) 
    So I have to tell you about our amazing Sakrament meeting.  Since we don't have a chapel at the moment, and we are in the process of looking for one, we weren't sure how many people were going to come to church.  We fasted together and invited everyone we could to come to church and meet in the library here in Centrum.  Well, on our way to church, we picked up a member, walked with her, then along came another humble sweet man who has come twice, then comes our recent convert right behind us.  We showed them up to the room, then sat in amazement as more and more people came in! We went outside in the park and waited for any more people who might not know where to go, and of course, more and more people came.  We had about 30 or more people in church! We had a very powerful experience as members and investigators alike bore testimony.  The cute little man who came just felt the spirit so strong he couldn't help but clap and say "bravo!" He's about 85 or so :) We got to share our testimonies and I personally felt so blessed to be in that room with everyone there.  What a tender mercy from the Lord and a true miracle. 
      So in personal study I've been reading about Alma and I just love him.  He is such a missionary! Alma 8:9-18.  He is so discouraged, then he's reassured from the Lord, blessed for his obedience and faithfulness, promised blessings, and then (here's the key) he SPEEDILY returns (verse18) to teach the people.  What's the significance?? He bounces back, has an eternal perspective, and he is willing to make the long, hot, tiring journey back because he knows the lord will provide a way. Soooooo cool! I just love him :) So there's that.  
       So a few quick random things that happened.  First of all, when we were teaching our Book of Mormon reading class, we were at the best part, literally a few verses before nephi cuts off laban's head, when the power goes out.  We were in complete darkness! The suspense was sweet.  Now they really want to keep reading later! So we went outside to see what happened and there was a FLOOD!!! It was soo cool! It was only like 3 feet deep, but it was fun to go wading through it talking to people about the church :) It went away quickly, but it was pretty fun :) So on August 1st all of Poland has 1 minute of silence, a lot like america, to remember the warsaw uprising.  It was a really neat moment because we were teaching english and all of the poles got to tell us about it.  I loved it.  Really cool.  So one day we were tracting and we were running out of ways to start the conversation, so we decided to start by singing...... hahaha.  Wowie, funniest experience of my life. I wish you all could have seen it.  We started singing where can I turn for peace (in polish of course) when the lady opened the door, the dog started barking like crazy, and the lady shouted "Nie! Idz tu! Idz tu!" Which means "no, leave, leave" as she summoned us with her hands and the dog chased us away.  Hahaha. We were just laughing so hard.  What else can ya do, right?? So funny :) The phrase, "When the Lord closes one day, he always opens another" has totally different meaning to me now :-D
      Okay, so the important stuff.  Guess what! Agnieszka's kids, Tomek and Kasia 8 and 11 are going to be baptized too!!! We were so excited!!! He is 8 years old and he read the whole kids Book of Mormon, and almost the whole kids D&C!!! We taught about fasting on friday and he said, "I think the most I can fast is 2 days, Mom." Hahaha, cute kid! He says the cutest prayers every! :) I am so excited for them.  They have sure changed a lot as a family since the gospel has become a part of their lives.  I love them.  
     So my companion has taught me so much.  Every day I watch her very closely (that may seem weird.....) but she's my trainer, and I still have soooooo much to learn.  She cares so much about our investigators and about every single person we meet.  She knows the Bible and the Book of Mormon so well.  She is always 100 percent obedient and she is a powerful teacher, always listening so close.  I have learned a lot from her and I know that we always have something more to learn from those around us.  :) :) :) 
     Well, I know there's more I want to say, I just can't think....... Hmmmmm, Gdansk is absolutely beautiful.  Always fresh fruit and vegetables everywhere.  I love it.  Well, I better go.  I love you all.  The gospel is true. I am so glad we get to be a part of this great work.  Every one of us get to be a part of it.  What a blessing! Take care and enjoy your loved ones in your life.  :) Love you!

Love, Sister Ostler 










No comments:

Post a Comment