Monday, May 7, 2012

Week 3 MTC


Hey There! Dzien Dobry!

       This has been a fantastic week! I feel like I just wrote home yesterday though! I don't know where the time is going.  It is so weird! So earlier last week I had a tough day.  It was good to experience a challenging mental day here in the MTC.  I realized something pretty neat though.  You see, I kept feeling so inadequate to share and teach this gospel.  The more you learn how amazing and profound it is, the more careful you want to be to share it the very best that you can.  I struggled with that and I knew it was just the adversary trying to keep me down.  I learned that it is a gift that we are giving to other people.  It is not about us.  It is not about me.  It is about all of the wonderful children of God who NEED this gift and I just have to forget about me and do all that I can to get it to them.  So that was a great lesson learned and I am glad I went through that.  Prayer is so real and it is so important.  Whenever things seem tough, you just have to wake up every day and say, "It's a great day!!!" For me, I wake up and say, "Holy Cow! I'm on a mission!" and then I smile and feel great :) What a blessing it is to be here.


       So the language has been really good lately! I feel soooooooo blessed.  My companions and I gave 2 lessons on Friday all in Polish and we did it without notes.  I finally memorized some important key phrases and questions to ask, so that has helped me a ton! The language is so much fun! I am so excited to learn more! :) So the other day we were in the computer lab and I was getting super antsy, so we decided to do a little jog down the stairs and soon I was racing my companion and I was 3 stairs from the bottom when my ankle (my good ankle) rolled and I tumbled to the bottom :-D It was hilarious! It didn't hurt my ankle TOO bad, but I definitely rolled it a bit.  So I sat there on the ground for a second and the next thing I know, both of my companions were like "can you here me? Sister Ostler, are you there?" I passed out! It was the weirdest thing ever! But it was kind of cool too... :-) It was like in the movies ya know? anyway, funny experience for ya! :)


       I am learning that every single day of our lives (even the ones where we are here at the MTC doing the same things every day) can be an adventure! We can make it what we want it to be.  I have noticed that the Lord builds us in wonderful ways (as it says in the Joseph Smith movie) and it sure helps to build us if we take action and allow the Lord to help us learn through our mistakes, failures, triumphs, etc.  Action is the key, and faith is what leads you to act.  I love that principle.  Think about it.  I gave a talk on that yesterday :) Also, I keep getting this powerful thought that keeps coming into my mind.  We have to share this gospel.  It's simple, but it's as true as that.  What do we have to lose (nothing), and what do they have to gain (EVERYTHING and more)??? I just know that my life would be empty and so..... boring without this gospel to give me some purpose and direction.  We all know people who need that purpose and who need to be filled with the joy that comes from knowing who you are.  I hope we can find the people around us to share the gospel with.  That's what life is about.


       Well I have more to say, but I can't organize my thoughts- they're all over the place in this brain of mine! I love the schedule here.  It's neat to have a purpose in everything that I do.  It makes everything worth it and I enjoy each task.  Wish I could just bring you all here for a day so you can feel the love! (lion king, ya know?) anyway.... Well I love you all so much! I hope you are all doing great.  Thank you for your love and support, especially for those of you who have written me letters! It means so much to me! I'm trying to get back to you all today.  Take care and keep doing all you can and the Lord will keep building you :) :) :) As the Joseph Smith movie states, "Shall we not go on in so great a cause"? Dozobaczenia!

             Love, Sister Shelby Ostler



Her companions Birthday.  Her mom sent a cheese cake into the MTC


 




 

 

                                                                                                                  

                                             




                                                                                                             
                                                       
                                          
 
                                                                                                                          

                                          These are the only guys you can put your arm around
                                                                      for 18 months


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment